Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fun with Gadgets
















Registering for gifts is probably the greatest thing about wedding planning. Many might think it's picking out the dress, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'm going to cry and hate every one of them 5 or 6 times before I find mine so this is going at the top of my list. The best part are all the fun little gadgets you find at Bed, Bath, and Beyond that you never knew existed (for me: my fiance thinks I'm very annoying for picking up everything that says "As seen on TV").

My favorite new finds for your kitch...

1. Condiments on Ice by Prodyne - I really struggled getting Andy to scan this one, but I KNOW he is going to absolutely love it once it's in use. It's basically a condiment tray that you'd see sitting on a bar top filled with olives, lemons, limes, and cherries or in a gas station filled with pickles, onions, and ketchup, but there is a separate compartment on the bottom that gets filled with ice to keep it cold. Hello taco bar!! Hey, it's all about food safety.

2. Chef'm Emulstir Emulsifier and Salad Dressing Mixer - Now that you're all making your own salad dressing ; ) this makes the job 10 times easier and it's the cutest appliance I've ever seen. Pour your ingredients into the bottle and start churning it like butter to mix the oil with other ingredients. There's even recipes written right on the bottle to make vinaigrette-making super simple.

3. Olive Oil Sprayer by Misto - Oh. My. Goodness. This is by far the most exciting thing that BB&B sells. Think of this device as a bottle of Pam that sprays out pure olive oil...or canola oil...or whatever you decide to pour in. I can spray my pans with actual oil when I only need a little. It's perfect for grilling sandwiches, as a quick spray over veggies for a flavor boost, or to get a little browning on garlic bread in the oven.

Oh, and I registered for a juicer so we will have to wait until July before coming to a verdict on that topic.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for "as seen on tv" stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send this in as a GREAT advertisement for Bed Bath and Beyond!!
    I think they should hire you for marketing.

    ReplyDelete